Monday, November 22, 2010

Last Days in Phnom Penh

Our last week in Phnom Penh was a whirlwind of jam-packed days and intense memory-making! I'm glad we squeezed so much out of each day -- I have no regrets and I feel like I got to see and do most of the things I wanted to do before I left the capital city! Hopefully I can go back some day and make more wonderful memories...

Here's a photographic walk through our last few days' activities!

We got caught in massive and impressive rain storms that flooded our entire neighborhood. Poncho's are a must!
We bought 1 kilo of Kampote pepper at the Upside market (and completed the transaction in Khmer!)
I got my bike tech'd and tires pumped for $1 on the side of the road
We negotiated prices for Cambodian silks at the Russian Market 
We visited Wat Phnom as our Final Exam in Kyle's class
We found the most adorable kitten in the world
We got hassled by some monkeys...classic.
We figure out the time on a gigantic landscaped clock
We took one last ride through terrifying Phnom Penh traffic at rush hour
We had a photoshoot with the Independence Monument at nighttime!
One of the highlights of our last few days was meeting our new Cambodian friends for dinner. They took Tim and I to a pizza place and we had a feast! We talked about our cultures and our experiences and it was a great time to connect and reflect. They gave us little going-away gifts and I was very sad to leave them all!

We left for Siem Reap at 7am on Friday morning and made our way north to the town most closely associated with the massive attractions of Angkor Wat! On our way, we stopped off with a group of students (whose professor knows our director at Payap) and went to a floating village on the Tonle Sap lake. More on that in the next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment