Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Living Arrangements in Chiang Mai

I just found some pictures of Payap and my dorm; I took them before I left intending to show y'all and then I obviously forgot in the mess of finals week. Here's a look at how I lived for the past two months!

Most universities in this part of the world don't have dorms; campus is generally just for academic and administrative buildings. Payap built a dorm, PIH, a few years ago and just build two brand new separate-sex dorms for their freshman students (and us!) We had about a 10 minute walk to and from campus, but only 3 minutes by tram (called 'Sky Blue).

This is the Pentecost Building, where I had Language, Gender, Cambodian Development, and Buddhism classes. Up four steep flights of stairs 2 times every day -- quite the work out!


View on the path to my dorm
Our computer room in Alpha Women's Dorm
My room! A bit messy from packing and rearranging after my roommates left!

Aside from a lack of hot water and an abundance of bugs, living in Alpha was great. I had awesome roommates and my friends lived right down the hall.

More details on Cambodian arrangements in a few more posts (I'm trying to crank them all out tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment