Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bake&Bite

Last Sunday, I discovered the best kept secret of Chiang Mai: a little English brunch and coffee spot called Bake&Bite. It's nestled back in the lush green neighborhoods of the city; it's so quiet and calm that you feel like you're out in the countryside. Also, the food is delicious -- I mean, like really really good. I'm sad I only discovered this place a few weeks before I leave Thailand; I don't have very many opportunities to go back!

The restaurant was so kitchy and cute; it reminded me of a country cottage breakfast nook and I felt terribly homesick -- until I got my breakfast. The kitchen uses all sustainably grown foods, so it's all very fresh (and usually healthy...)

Our new favorite spot!
My mother would call this "chicky-ducky-birdy"
Potato latkes, scrambled eggs, fresh pork sausages, spinach toast and homemade jam. To die for!
Kitchy little knick-knacks outside
 Alas, this has been another busy week! I'm already preparing for finals, which are next week -- I have a test or paper due every day! Wowza! So this week, I'm going to try to do al of the things I want to do before leaving Thailand, as my semester here at Payap ends next Friday (Oct 15th), and then I'm off to the islands for a week of vacation! Then to Cambodia for the next leg of this adventure.

I'l have another nice long post hopefully tomorrow -- I want to tell you all about my trip to the old kingdoms of Thailand, Sukhothai and Ayutthaya! It was a great trip (I took almost 500 pictures in 4 days!)

More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment