Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving, Cambodian Style!

Well, not quite Cambodian style -- but definitely in Cambodia!

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting that Thanksgiving would be so hard to miss. I felt a little bit sad to not be with all of my family and friends back home. But Tim, Anna and I had a wonderful family dinner at a delicious Indian restaurant! It made me realize that it doesn't matter where you are, it's who you're with. I've been able to have my own little family of close friends and mentors since I've been over here, and I am very thankful for that!

We went around the table and told each other what we were thankful for -- the spirit of Thanksgiving lives even from 15,000 miles away!

Happy Family!
Peace and love and good food!
Told ya, Mom, I'd be eating rice on Turkey Day!
Only a 'Real Indian Chef'
Here we are with full bellies in front of our hotel!

Thursday also happened to be the Memorial Day for the Water Festival tragedy that had taken place three days previously, so we had even more reason to be thankful and reflective. We all wore white in honor of those who were killed. It was a very special night -- good friends and good food are pretty much universal!

No comments:

Post a Comment